Be the change that you wish to see in the world.
Pay what you can
Choose to pay a price that works for you.
In keeping with our vision of making learning affordable, accessible, and inclusive for all, we offer a pay what you can feature for those who cannot afford the full price of a session or course.
We understand that price can be a barrier for learning, and our pay what you can feature aims to give everyone a chance to learn.
Can you afford a higher amount? Then pay a little more and you will be helping others to pay less and supporting our sharers who generously offer this option.
We encourage you to use this option in the right spirit, since this is a generous gesture by our cherished community of sharers.
How it works
- If you are a learner, on the home screen, click on the price filter and check the box labelled “pay what you can”. This will display all sessions with pay what you can pricing enabled.
- Decide on a listing you would like to book, click on the “book” button and go to checkout.
- Enter the amount that you can pay (above the minimum amount set by the sharer) and pay to confirm your booking.
- If you are a sharer, while creating your listing, you can set up a different price for each time slot.
- The listing wizard will give you an option for a pay what you can pricing in each time slot.
- You will be able to set a minimum amount above which a learner who books your listing pays. The default minimum is set at €5.
As a sharer, is it mandatory to offer a pay what you can option on your listing?
No, this is a completely voluntary initiative offered at the discretion of the sharer.
As a sharer, can I set up one listing with pay what you can option and another listing without this option?
Yes, this is an option available for each timeslot.
As a learner, I am trying to put 1 Euro for a Pay what you can session but the system is not accepting this and letting me move forward. Why?
A. You have to pay any amount above the minimum amount set by the sharer offering a pay what you can option. Any amount below this will not be valid.
How will I know what is a fair price to pay for the session?
The standard price for the listing might be listed on other time slots on the listing detail page. You can use it as a benchmark and pay what best suits your circumstances.
Terms and Conditions
- While SparkOn encourages sharers to offer the pay what you can option on their sessions, this is a completely voluntary initiative, exercised at the discretion of the sharer.
- SparkOn encourages those learners who are not in a position to afford the full price of the session/courses to use the pay what you can option. We advise caution against misuse of this option.